Della Rosa is committed to maintaining its impressive corporate social responsibility status and has implemented the following initiatives:
- LED Lighting upgrade throughout premises.
- 525kw Solar power system install.
- 2035 Solar panels which sell power back into the grid. Latest in digital monitoring of the system which displays data in real time.
Waste Heat Recovery
- Heat, otherwise rejected to the environment, is recovered for heating freezer defrost & under floor Heat recovery totaling 95Kw System uses thermal storage 90% energy savings for defrosting & under floor heating ROI for heat recovery systems is two years.
- Heat recovery totaling 95Kw System uses thermal storage 90% energy savings for defrosting & under floor heating.
Refrigeration System Innovations
- Oversized condensers to power minimize compressor input.
- Variable Frequency Drives to & stabilize control reduce peak power consumption.
- Liquid control valves to optimize evaporator efficiency over varying load & climatic conditions.
Medical Grade Air Filtration
- Removes 99.97% of particles that have a greater than 0.3 Microns.
- The air filtration system is medical grade standard.
- It is used in Della Rosa’s high-care topping facility and it ensures the product’s shelf life.
- HEPA systems are currently considered optional by customers such as Coles. However based on current trends, it is likely that suppliers will be required to utilize HEPA systems in the future.
RSPCA Approved Poultry
- The company adheres to a higher animal welfare standard through its use of RSPCA Poultry and Sow Stall Free Pork.